Used Chevrolet Airbag Seats
All used Chevrolet Airbag Seats listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Airbag Seats
The airbag system is an important part of the car safety system. The airbag system can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. This is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Chevrolet airbag seat is located in the seat, to protect the person in a crash, particularly in a side collision, by inflating between the person and the door, avoiding damage to the person's torso and shoulders.
The Chevrolet airbag seat reacts when there is a crash by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car, protecting the driver sitting inside the car by cushioning the impact of the shoulder and torso with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Chevrolet airbag seat needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that the airbag system is functioning properly and fully, and that an important component such as the Chevrolet airbag seat is in sound working order for it to be able to respond accurately. The person needs to be seated properly and wearing a seatbelt for the Chevrolet airbag seat to work correctly in a crash and to avoid receiving an injury from the airbag upon inflation.
If there is damage to or a fault with the Chevrolet airbag seat the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Chevrolet airbag seat inflates you will need to replace it with a new Chevrolet airbag seat as airbags cannot be reused.
- When it comes to innovation, it's hard to get angry at Chevrolet for being the first company to install 4G wifi in its cars.
- There have been some classic Chevrolet cars on the big screen. It's hard to forget the Tom Cruise feature Days of Thunder without thinking of the Chevrolet Lumina, but there are also Chevrolets in the classic American Graffiti. That film had a stunning 1958 Chevy Impala and a Chevy 210. Of course, the best Chevrolet cinematic appearance was clearly Michael Bay's Transformers, with Bumblebee being a '76 and a 2010 Camaro.
- The first Chevrolet was a bit of a disaster. Nobody wanted to buy the car, probably because the price was higher than other, similar vehicles. It was only when Louis Chevrolet left that the company started to turn things around.
- The Chevrolet Series C Classic Six was built as a prototype before the company even officially existed! The overlap is testament to how keen the company was to get going, and they quickly incorporated in time to unveil the car in New York.
- The Camaro is one of the most recognised cars in the world, but it wasn't always called the Camaro. It was originally called The Panther, but Chevrolet wanted to go for a more family-friendly vibe.