Find parts for your car
Used Chevrolet Aircon Compressors
All used Chevrolet Aircon Compressors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Aircon Compressors
Your car's air conditioning system conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in your car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in your car, so it stops the air getting too humid. Your car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in your car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside your car.
The Chevrolet aircon compressor, also referred to as the aircon pump, is usually found at the front of the engine, immediately inside the car grill. It looks similar to a small motor with a big wheel on the end of it, which is an electrically operated clutch that turns the compressor on and off when more cool air is required. The Chevrolet aircon compressor is powered by a serpentine belt which is attached to the crankshaft of the car's engine.
The Chevrolet aircon compressor is at the heart of the car's air conditioning system and its role is similar to that of a heart, in that it pumps the refrigerant gas around the closed loop air conditioning system to the aircon condenser. The aircon compressor, therefore, has a vital part to play and if it is damaged or faulty the entire air conditioning system will suffer. The Chevrolet aircon compressor works by using heat from the air in the car, pressurising it into hot gas and then pumping it into the aircon condenser, where it is cooled and then pumped into the aircon evaporator and flows into the car as cold air. This whole process is then repeated over and again.
Problems can, of course, occur with the Chevrolet aircon compresso. At worst, it can blow up as a result of high pressure or if there is not enough refrigerant vapour circulating, but this is rare. A leak in the aircon compressor will mean you're losing refrigerant and will need to be addressed. The motor can be prone to overheating if the air conditioning system has not been fitted properly, for example, which can cause damage to the compressor. If the aircon system isn't producing any cold air at all, then it is likely to be a broken compressor or a slipping compressor clutch. A slipping compressor clutch can also be the cause of insufficient cold air. If you are having problems like this with the air conditioning in your car, it is a good idea to talk with your mechanic as you may need a new Chevrolet aircon compressor.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- There have been some classic Chevrolet cars on the big screen. It's hard to forget the Tom Cruise feature Days of Thunder without thinking of the Chevrolet Lumina, but there are also Chevrolets in the classic American Graffiti. That film had a stunning 1958 Chevy Impala and a Chevy 210. Of course, the best Chevrolet cinematic appearance was clearly Michael Bay's Transformers, with Bumblebee being a '76 and a 2010 Camaro.
- When it comes to innovation, it's hard to get angry at Chevrolet for being the first company to install 4G wifi in its cars.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.