Used Chevrolet Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
All used Chevrolet Gearboxes Transmission Automatic listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearboxes Transmission Automatic
The job of the car's transmission system is to transmit the power made in the engine to the wheels of the car. An automatic transmission uses both a mechanical and a hydraulic system to change the gears in the car automatically.
The Chevrolet automatic transmission gearbox is attached to a torque converter which fixes directly to the engine of the car.
The Chevrolet automatic transmission gearbox comes into play when the driver applies or releases pressure on the accelerator, by automatically selecting and changing the gears for the driver. The Chevrolet automatic transmission gearbox selects the right gear for the speed the car is travelling at, adjusting the speed of the car accordingly, while ensuring the engine can function as efficiently as possible. This all enables the driver to concentrate on driving without needing to manually change the gears. Generally automatic transmissions have 4 gears consisting of drive, first gear, second gear, park, reverse and neutral. The Chevrolet automatic transmission gearbox tends to be less fuel efficient than a manual transmission gearbox but offers the driver a smooth ride and the ease of not having to change gears manually.
The Chevrolet automatic gearbox transmission, although built to last will eventually wear down due to damage caused by heat and friction. If, when driving the Chevrolet automatic transmission gearbox is not changing gears smoothly; slow at changing gear or will not shift into gear; changes gears sporadically; judders; or produces unusual noises and vibrations, it will need looking at by a professional and you may need to replace the Chevrolet automatic gearbox transmission.
- Chevrolet holds the number one and number three positions on the list of America's most popular cars. Although Ford's Mustang is in second place, the Corvette is the number one car in the US, with the Camaro at number three.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- The founder of Chevrolet held the speed world record before he built the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.
- When it comes to stock car racing, it's hard to beat Chevrolet. As of 2015, they became the most successful manufacturer in the history of NASCAR, with 749 race wins and a staggering 38 manufacturer's championships.