Used Chevrolet Hood & Frames
All used Chevrolet Hood & Frames listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Chevrolet from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Hood & Frames
One of the more popular types of convertible designs on older vehicles is the soft top Chevrolethood and frame. In this type of vehicle, the hood, which is usually made of some type of fabric, is attached to the hood frame. As with most vehicle parts, the mechanical parts of the frame and the fabric of the hood tend to wear and tear. The hood, because it is made of fabric is also relatively easy to damage.
In the event that either the hood frame or the hood itself is damaged and requires replacement there are two possibilities. One or other of the individual components can be replaced, although, whilst this is the less expensive option, it will mean that one part of the convertible roof assembly will be much older than the other. A better alternative might be to invest in a complete Chevrolethood and frame replacement kit. This has the advantage of creating an entirely new roof assembly, both parts of which are likely to survive for some time into the future.
ChevroletHood and frame kits are relatively inexpensive and are easily accessed through one of the many motor component retailers and a Chevroletnew hood and frame can transform the appearance of an aging convertible.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.
- The company might have his name, but Louis Chevrolet wasn't there for long. He'd previously worked as a mechanic for other car manufacturers, and would eventually go onto become a well-established race car driver for Buick.
- The first Chevrolet was the iconic series C Classic Six. It sold for the very low price of just $2,150. That's about £1700 in proper money.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- The founder of Chevrolet held the speed world record before he built the Chevrolet Motor Car Company.