Find parts for your car
Used Chevrolet Ignition Coils
All used Chevrolet Ignition Coils listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Ignition Coils
The Chevrolet ignition coil is an essential part of the ignition of a vehicle. Each coil is used for one or two engine cylinders and so therefore there are several Chevrolet ignition coils in the ignition system. Each coil’s role is to transfer the power from the vehicles 12volt battery in to a much higher voltage of thousands of volts to create the spark in spark plugs. They are then told when to fire by an on-board computer. These coils have some form of resistor in them, which limits the amount of power transmitted to the coils from the 12volt battery.
Should a Chevrolet ignition coil fail, it is possible that this can cause its adjoined engine cylinder to misfire. This is the case even if all of the other coils are working correctly. Damage to the Chevrolet ignition coil may show on the dashboard as a ‘check engine’ light. Damage can be caused by worn spark plugs, which make the Chevrolet ignition coil work harder to compensate, or faulty wiring or components. The coils can also simply wear out through repeated use.
- The weirdest Chevrolet experiment was the Chevrolet Turbo Titan II in 1965. This was the same year as the first US spacewalk, and the car has a real space theme happening. Most bizarrely, it didn't have a steering wheel and instead had two large dials so that it looked more like a games console controller or DJ desk than a car.
- The company might have his name, but Louis Chevrolet wasn't there for long. He'd previously worked as a mechanic for other car manufacturers, and would eventually go onto become a well-established race car driver for Buick.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.