Find parts for your car
Used Chevrolet Inlet Manifold Metals
All used Chevrolet Inlet Manifold Metals listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Inlet Manifold Metals
The engine needs oxygen from the air in order for combustion to work. It is imperative that the car's engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency. A car's air intake system consists of several vital components that work together to ensure the air entering the engine is a steady and uninterrupted flow of clean, filtered air. The Chevrolet inlet manifold metal ensures the air or fuel/air mixture is provided to the inlet/intake ports in the cylinder heads in the engine. In some cases the inlet manifold also functions to deliver coolant.
The inlet manifold gasket functions to act as a sealant to the Chevrolet inlet manifold metal, ensuring that a tight seal is maintained between the inlet manifold and the cylinder head. The inlet manifold metal, consists of a selection of pipes or tubes, usually manufactured from aluminized steel, that function to deliver the air equally to each of the cylinder heads in the engine. This vital part works to ensure the air is divided evenly, so an equal quantity of air is flowing into each of the cylinders at the same time, so that precisely the right amount of air can mix with precisely the right amount of fuel in the cylinders in order for combustion to occur.
It is common for an internal combustion engine to use a four-stroke action. The intake stroke, which is the first stroke of the pistons, draws an equal amount of air from the inlet manifold into each cylinder, delivering the air via the air intake valve. For the next three strokes of the engine the air intake valves are shut while compression, combustion and exhaust processes are occurring. Then the intake valves open again and once more the air is drawn through into the cylinders from the inlet manifold. The Chevrolet intake manifold metal ensures the right amount of air is ready to be drawn into the cylinders when the intake valves open and that the same amount of air is being delivered into each of the engine's cylinders.
Signs of a faulty inlet manifold can include an engine that struggles when idling; a stuttering, shaking engine; an engine that is stalling; and a loss of power when accelerating. To be certain the exact cause of the fault is properly diagnosed it's always a good idea to seek the advice of your mechanic. It is really important when replacing a faulty inlet manifold that you fit a replacement part that's compatible with your vehicle. Specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle, the Chevrolet inlet manifold metal is the ideal product, providing a part that will fit well, perform properly and last longer.
- The Camaro is one of the most recognised cars in the world, but it wasn't always called the Camaro. It was originally called The Panther, but Chevrolet wanted to go for a more family-friendly vibe.
- The company might have his name, but Louis Chevrolet wasn't there for long. He'd previously worked as a mechanic for other car manufacturers, and would eventually go onto become a well-established race car driver for Buick.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- It turned out that the Chevrolet chassis was ideally suited to WWII because it proved incredibly easy to install extra armour and both a machine gun and flamethrower to the roof.