Find parts for your car
Used Chevrolet Magnetos
All used Chevrolet Magnetos listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Chevrolet from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
The Chevrolet magneto is an apparatus that generates electricity.
Magnetos are part of the ignition system in some internal combustion petrol engines and are used to provide high voltage electrical pulses which supply energy to the spark plugs. This type of ignition system consists of the magneto, a spark plug and spark plug wire.
The magneto uses electromagnetism to generate electricity. A magneto is made up of a magnet which spins around inside a coiled wire, positioned in the inner rim of the flywheel, which is connected to the spark plug by a spark plug wire. The magneto generates its own magnetic field of energy which is used to power the spark plugs in order for combustion to occur. This type of magnet is known as a permanent magnet and it provides regular waves or pulses of alternating current.
The coiled wire in the magneto can burn out and crack causing the magneto to malfunction. Replacing this part when it fails with the Chevrolet magneto will ensure a part that fits properly, works well and lasts longer.
- The first Chevrolet was the iconic series C Classic Six. It sold for the very low price of just $2,150. That's about £1700 in proper money.
- Chevrolet holds the number one and number three positions on the list of America's most popular cars. Although Ford's Mustang is in second place, the Corvette is the number one car in the US, with the Camaro at number three.
- When it comes to stock car racing, it's hard to beat Chevrolet. As of 2015, they became the most successful manufacturer in the history of NASCAR, with 749 race wins and a staggering 38 manufacturer's championships.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.