Find parts for your car
Used Chevrolet Parcel Back Shelves
All used Chevrolet Parcel Back Shelves listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Chevrolet are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Parcel Back Shelves
The Chevrolet back parcel shelf is a functional, removable shelf, providing an extra storage space in the car, while also serving to act as a cover to the boot space, hiding the contents from view.
The Chevrolet back parcel shelf is positioned inside the car, above the boot, behind the back seats.
The Chevrolet back parcel shelf is made of a rigid and durable plastic and covered with a material that is hard wearing and aesthetically pleasing, usually matching the rest of the car's interior furnishings. Often held in places by straps or pegs, the back parcel shelf can be removed when more boot space is required. It also functions as a cover for the boot space, hiding luggage and belongings from sight. Some back parcel shelves are retractable and can be pulled out when needed and pushed in when not. Others can be folded away, or work with a hinged mechanism.
The Chevrolet back parcel shelf, although hard wearing, will eventually need replacing due to general wear and tear. If broken, worn out or damaged, when replacing the Chevrolet back parcel shelf it's important to make sure it's compatible with the make and model of your car. Placing objects on a badly fitted parcel shelf can compromise the strength of the parcel shelf and could cause structural damage, as could using it to carry objects that are too heavy for it. It's important that the parcel shelf fits your car properly and is secured well, to avoid it flying up and potentially hitting passengers in the back and becoming a hazard by obstructing the driver's view.
- When it comes to stock car racing, it's hard to beat Chevrolet. As of 2015, they became the most successful manufacturer in the history of NASCAR, with 749 race wins and a staggering 38 manufacturer's championships.
- Chevrolet holds the number one and number three positions on the list of America's most popular cars. Although Ford's Mustang is in second place, the Corvette is the number one car in the US, with the Camaro at number three.
- The weirdest Chevrolet experiment was the Chevrolet Turbo Titan II in 1965. This was the same year as the first US spacewalk, and the car has a real space theme happening. Most bizarrely, it didn't have a steering wheel and instead had two large dials so that it looked more like a games console controller or DJ desk than a car.
- The Camaro is one of the most recognised cars in the world, but it wasn't always called the Camaro. It was originally called The Panther, but Chevrolet wanted to go for a more family-friendly vibe.
- The first Chevrolet was the iconic series C Classic Six. It sold for the very low price of just $2,150. That's about £1700 in proper money.