Used Chevrolet Step Rears
All used Chevrolet Step Rears listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Chevrolet from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Step Rears
The Chevrolet rear step is a panel that enables people entering or exiting at the rear of the vehicle to step up into the vehicle and step down out of the vehicle with ease.
Fixed below the boot, directly above the rear bumper, the rear step sits directly beneath the rear entrance on the vehicle. The rear step is usually mounted on brackets which are bolted into place. In some models the rear step fits into the structure of the rear bumper itself.
The Chevrolet rear step provides a secure ledge to step on when entering and exiting the vehicle. Rear steps are usually found on larger vehicles that sit higher off the ground, such as 4x4's, that have the extra fold-down seats in the rear of the vehicle.
Rear steps come in a selection of designs, styles, materials and finishes and these features will be dependent on the make and model of your vehicle. Often rear steps are covered with a chrome or plastic outer which has a non slip strip or tread, which helps with the ease of using the step, especially in wet weather. Rear steps also help to stop mud and water from splashing up onto the bodywork of the car. Many car owners opt to fit a rear step to their vehicle for aesthetic reasons as well as functional. It can be an easy way to modify the look of your car, adding a stylish finish and a more personal touch.
The rear step on a vehicle can be prone to damage and can get dented and knocked or suffer from rust over a period of time and the brackets used to mount the rear step to the car can also corrode and warp out of shape. When fitting a new rear step on your car, choosing the Chevrolet rear step will guarantee you a part that will be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle, enabling the part to perform at its best and last longer.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- The company might have his name, but Louis Chevrolet wasn't there for long. He'd previously worked as a mechanic for other car manufacturers, and would eventually go onto become a well-established race car driver for Buick.
- The weirdest Chevrolet experiment was the Chevrolet Turbo Titan II in 1965. This was the same year as the first US spacewalk, and the car has a real space theme happening. Most bizarrely, it didn't have a steering wheel and instead had two large dials so that it looked more like a games console controller or DJ desk than a car.
- When it comes to stock car racing, it's hard to beat Chevrolet. As of 2015, they became the most successful manufacturer in the history of NASCAR, with 749 race wins and a staggering 38 manufacturer's championships.