Used Chevrolet Windscreen Washer Motors
All used Chevrolet Windscreen Washer Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Chevrolet from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Windscreen Washer Motors
The Chevrolet windscreen washer motor works with the windscreen washer pump to provide the power to pump the washer spray across the windscreen, which works in conjunction with the windscreen wipers to clean the surface of the screen.
The electric windscreen washer motor consists of a cylinder referred to as the rotor or armature. This is the rotating part of the motor and it houses all of the components that work together to make up the motor. Surrounding the rotor are copper coils of wire which act as the conductors. When the windscreen washer motor switch is activated by the driver via the controls on the wiper stalk switch, this sends an electric current to the motor, and the copper winding picks up this current causing the electricity to move through the wiring. The electricity moving through the copper wire creates a circular magnetic field. It's this magnetic energy which generates the force to power the cylinder and makes it spin. The spinning cylinder creates the energy needed to power the motor which in turn powers the windscreen washer pump mechanism.
Driven by the Chevrolet windscreen washer motor, the washer bottle pump pumps the spray through the connecting pipe where it bursts out across the windscreen through the washer jets. With the help of the windscreen wipers the screen can be cleared of water and dirt. The windscreen washer motor sources it's electrical power through direct current from the car's battery. Often an electric motor will contain carbon brushes that work to move the electricity from outside the motor to the rotating copper winding housed in the center of the motor.
Common failures with the wiper motor is when the winding becomes shorted. These copper conductors can overheat causing the winding to short circuit. The carbon brushes in the motor are also put under a great deal of friction, and will eventually burn out causing the wiper motor to malfunction. When the windscreen washer motor needs replacing, buying the Chevrolet windscreen washer motor will ensure you get a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The Chevy is one of the most popular cars in the world, and Chevrolet took part in their 100th anniversary by embracing their popularity., They created online playlists of the hundreds of songs that feature Chevy cars, with tracks by Prince, Bon Jovi, Don Mclean, Elton John, and many, many more.
- If anyone ever tells you that they own a 2006 Silverado Intimidator SS, there's a good chance that they're telling porky pies. This is considered to be the rarest of all Chevy trucks and was built to honour the memory of Dale Earnhardt. He died during the 2001 Daytona 500, and only 1,333 were ever sold to the general public.
- There's a version of the Corvette that is very different from its counterparts. The Corvette Grand Sport is much lighter than traditional designs, but the car was built at a time when General Motors were stopping projects. Only five of the cars were made, and the hefty price tag of £6-8 million means that they are all in the hands of private collectors.
- The weirdest Chevrolet experiment was the Chevrolet Turbo Titan II in 1965. This was the same year as the first US spacewalk, and the car has a real space theme happening. Most bizarrely, it didn't have a steering wheel and instead had two large dials so that it looked more like a games console controller or DJ desk than a car.
- The company might have his name, but Louis Chevrolet wasn't there for long. He'd previously worked as a mechanic for other car manufacturers, and would eventually go onto become a well-established race car driver for Buick.