Used Citroen Aircon Compressors
All used Citroen Aircon Compressors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Aircon Compressors
Your car's air conditioning system conditions the air, which means whilst cooling the air in your car down, it also helps to ensure there isn't too much moisture in your car, so it stops the air getting too humid. Your car's air conditioning unit also cleans the air in your car by filtering the dust and other particles from the air inside your car.
The Citroen aircon compressor, also referred to as the aircon pump, is usually found at the front of the engine, immediately inside the car grill. It looks similar to a small motor with a big wheel on the end of it, which is an electrically operated clutch that turns the compressor on and off when more cool air is required. The Citroen aircon compressor is powered by a serpentine belt which is attached to the crankshaft of the car's engine.
The Citroen aircon compressor is at the heart of the car's air conditioning system and its role is similar to that of a heart, in that it pumps the refrigerant gas around the closed loop air conditioning system to the aircon condenser. The aircon compressor, therefore, has a vital part to play and if it is damaged or faulty the entire air conditioning system will suffer. The Citroen aircon compressor works by using heat from the air in the car, pressurising it into hot gas and then pumping it into the aircon condenser, where it is cooled and then pumped into the aircon evaporator and flows into the car as cold air. This whole process is then repeated over and again.
Problems can, of course, occur with the Citroen aircon compresso. At worst, it can blow up as a result of high pressure or if there is not enough refrigerant vapour circulating, but this is rare. A leak in the aircon compressor will mean you're losing refrigerant and will need to be addressed. The motor can be prone to overheating if the air conditioning system has not been fitted properly, for example, which can cause damage to the compressor. If the aircon system isn't producing any cold air at all, then it is likely to be a broken compressor or a slipping compressor clutch. A slipping compressor clutch can also be the cause of insufficient cold air. If you are having problems like this with the air conditioning in your car, it is a good idea to talk with your mechanic as you may need a new Citroen aircon compressor.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.