Used Citroen C4 Gearbox ECU
All used Citroen C4 Gearbox ECU listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Citroen C4 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Gearbox ECU
The C4 Citroen gear box ECU (sometimes known as a Transmission Control Unit) is an essential part of the gear box in an automatic vehicle, and monitors and controls the gear changes and transmission. This electrical part communicates with the engine ECU using a series of sensors that are positioned at strategic points in the vehicle. Using the information given to it by the sensors and the engine ECU it calculates when to change the vehicle’s gears to improve vehicle performance and minimise fuel consumption. These sensors tell the C4 Citroen gear box ECU what speed the vehicle is driving at, whether it is driving uphill or downhill, the temperature of the oil and the amount of torque generated by the torque converter.
Some vehicles have a combined C4 Citroen gear box ECU and engine ECU, known as a powertrain control module (PCM).
Damage to the C4 Citroen gear box ECU is likely down to the solenoids – magnetic wire coils that transport electric current. If your vehicle experiences problems with the C4 Citroen gear box ECU you may first notice a warning code displayed in your vehicle. If ignored, the gear box can fail resulting in an inability to change gears.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.