Used Citroen C4 Screen Washer Motor
All used Citroen C4 Screen Washer Motor listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Citroen C4 are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Screen Washer Motor
The screenwasher motor is an electrical mechanism that activates a pump which will cause screenwash to be fed to the screenwash jets situated just below the windscreen. In most cases the screenwash motor and pump are enclosed in one unit that is situated with the screenwash reservoir in the engine compartment. Occasionally the motor and pump are two separate units. The screenwash motor is activated by a stick-lever usually found on the steering column.
If the motor fails to operate this could be due to a blown fuse, a poor earth return or corrosion to the terminals, or the motor itself is faulty. If the motor needs replacing it is advisable to also fit a new non-return valve and filter in the reservoir. If the motor is operating properly but no screenwash appears from the screenwash jets it’s possible that there is a blockage or debris in the filter of the pump or in the jet nozzles. To check whether the pump is operating it’s normal to hear a whirring noise from the reservoir area when the stick-lever is pushed. This should mean both motor and pump are working correctly.
If replacing a broken motor with one that is not an exact replica it may be possible to bypass the old motor and fit the replacement with a new mounting.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.