Find parts for your car
Used Citroen Drive shafts
All used Citroen Drive shafts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Drive shafts
Integral to the car's ABS System, the Citroen drive shaft is a mechanical part which is usually a hollow tubing made of steel with yoke/s attached to the end.
As the Citroen drive shaft rotates it connects the power from the car engine to the car wheels which enables the car to then move. This is essentially the part that makes the car move.
Positioned between the differentials and gear box, Citroen drive shafts, being made of steel, are strong and solid and therefore most likely to deteriorate over a long period of time. However, when signs of a fault do appear, it is crucial that you look into replacing the Citroen drive shaft as soon as possible to avoid a complete malfunction of this part.
Drive shaft issues often arise as a result of hitting the kerb with your car wheels. Possible signs that there is a problem with the Citroen drive shaft is your car shuddering upon acceleration from standstill or when driving at low speed; an alarming clunking sound in the drive shaft when you change gears; a vibration felt whilst driving, and generally any unusual knocking, grinding, rattling, squealing or clicking sounds coming from the draft shaft. You may also experience problems turning your vehicle as a damaged drive shaft can affect this, which it is most likely to happen when you are driving around a corner. A faulty Citroen drive shaft may also mean you will have issues when trying to park your vehicle. It's imperative to address drive shaft issues as soon as possible because if the draft shaft stops working completely your car will not be able to get power from the engine to the wheels and consequently you will not be able to drive your car until you have replaced the Citroen drive shaft.
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.
- Citroën was the first company to offer credit for buying cars! André Citroën registered a consumer credit company for the sole purpose of providing car buyers with the credit they'd need to buy one of his cars!