Used Citroen Fuel Pump in Tanks
All used Citroen Fuel Pump in Tanks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Fuel Pump in Tanks
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The Citroen fuel pump in tank functions to pump fuel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of the engine.
Mechanical pumps are usually located outside the fuel tank but most modern vehicles have fuel injected engines which use an electric fuel pumplocated within the fuel tank. The Citroen fuel pump in tank is an electronic device which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the fuel pump pumps the fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time.
In a diesel engine fuel injection is essential but petrol engines also have fuel injection systems. In a fuel injected engine, the electric fuel pump operates with a fuel pump relay and works by spraying a light, high pressured mist of fuel from injectors into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty electric fuel pump. There are many things that can go wrong in the engine, so it's a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Citroen fuel pump in tank is the ideal choice when replacing this part.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.