Used Citroen Gear Sticks
All used Citroen Gear Sticks listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Gear Sticks
The Citroen gear stick is a metal lever that attaches to the gearbox in a manual vehicle. It is usually located between the front passenger and driver seat and is on the left hand side of the driver in a UK standard vehicle and is used by the driver to change gears whilst driving. Some vehicles, particularly those in the United States, have gear sticks that are attached to the steering column.
To operate the Citroen gear stick, the driver should depress the clutch pedal. This disengages the engine and enables the vehicle to change gears.
On top of the Citroen gear stick is a gear knob, which has a diagram of the positions of the gears on the top of it for the driver’s convenience. For the driver to change gears he/she has to move the Citroen gear stick in the relevant directions shown by the diagram. They will feel the gear engaging when the Citroen gear stick pushes in to place.
Some 4 x 4s use a second Citroen gear stick which engages another gearbox for off-road terrain.
Problems with the Citroen gear stick may result in an inability to change gears.
- The 1934 Citroën 7CV was the first mass-produced car to have front-wheel drive, hydraulic brakes, and real suspension! This basic design found its way into subsequent models right up until three decades later in the mid-1950s.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.