Used Citroen Glow Plugs
All used Citroen Glow Plugs listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Glow Plugs
The Citroen glow plug is used in a diesel engine instead of a spark plug. The primary function of a glow plug is to produce heat in order to help with the startup process in the engine. Unlike a petrol engine, the fuel that is injected into a diesel engine does not need a spark to ignite it. But when starting a diesel engine in cold conditions, some extra help is required, which is where the Citroen glow plug comes into action.
Usually either platinum, iridium, or ceramic with an internal heating coil, a glow plug is a rod shaped heating element which can withstand extremes of high temperature. One end of the glow plug has a point which heats up, emitting a glowing light, when fed electricity. Glow plugs are normally installed in the cylinder head and are wired up to the car's battery.
The cylinders in the engine are heated up by the glow plugs before the engine is actually started, once the ignition has been turned to 'On' by the driver. In modern vehicles the glow plugs are usually automatically switched off by the glow plug relay when the desired heat has been reached to start the engine. Older vehicles require the driver to start the engine once given the go ahead by the indicator light on the dashboard, at which point the glow plugs switch off. If the engine is not started after a certain period of time, the glow plugs will be switched off automatically. If the engine is started prematurely this can cause damage to the glow plugs.
It is important to ensure the glow plugs on your vehicle are in excellent condition and working well. Signs that the glow plugs may need changing on your car are an engine that struggles to start or won't start at all. It is always a good idea to consult with your mechanic when engine problems strike, to make sure the correct fault has been identified. When you need to change the glow plugs, a good quality Citroen glow plug will guarantee a part that fits well, performs properly and has a long service life.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.