Used Citroen Headlight Washer Pump Motors
All used Citroen Headlight Washer Pump Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Headlight Washer Pump Motors
The Citroen headlight washer pump motor powers the washer pump in order to clean dirt from the headlight lens. The Citroen headlight washer pump motor is connected to the power supply in the vehicle and drives the rotary pump in order to push water out of one or more nozzles attached to the washer and a wiper cleans off the lens. These are occasionally prone to blockage so should be checked regularly.
The motor which drives the headlight washer pump is often the same motor which drives the windscreen washers. This means that any issue with the Citroen headlight washer pump motor could also impact on the windscreen washers. They are usually activated with the same stalk lever and the headlight washer usually operates on every 4-5 movements of the windscreen wiper arms.
Failure of the Citroen headlight washer pump motor can be potentially dangerous for two reasons. Firstly, the windscreen washers and headlight washers will not work correctly impacting on visibility. Secondly, in the case of xenon headlights it’s a legal requirement to have working headlight washers as the dirt on the headlights can refract the light around the road causing issues for other drivers.
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.