Used Citroen Hot film mass airflow meters
All used Citroen Hot film mass airflow meters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Hot film mass airflow meters
The Citroen hot film mass air flow meter is an electronic air flow sensor which measures air flow; the mass of air which is flowing through the car's engine, and is an important part of the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The Citroen hot film mass air flow meter has an important part to play in the performance, power and efficiency of the car's engine.
The Citroen hot film mass air flow meter is usually found in the plastic housing between the engine and the air filter. It's attached to the Citroen air hose at one end and the Citroen air filter box at the other. The engine needs the correct amount of air and fuel flowing through it in order for the fuel to burn in the cylinders and for the engine to ignite or spark at the right time. If the ignition sparks at the wrong time, there will be less power in the engine and it will try to make up for this by using more fuel, significantly reducing fuel efficiency, which in turn increases the car's CO2 emissions.
The Citroen hot film mass air flow meter works by measuring the air flow and sending these measurements to the car's ECU which, based on these measurements, will control the amount of fuel flowing into the engine at the point at which the ignition sparks.
The Citroen hot film mass air flow meter will, with continued use, wear out or stop working. When this happens, the performance of the engine is likely to be affected and engine emissions will be higher. A fault in the Citroen hot film mass air flow meter will cause the Check Engine light to show on the dashboard to indicate a problem with the hot film mass air flow meter. A broken hot film mass air flow meter can sometimes prevent a car from idling properly (the ability for a car's engine to run while it's not moving) and may cause the engine to splutter and stall. If there's a fault in the hot air mass air flow meter a replacement Citroen hot air flow mass meter is the perfect replacement part.
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.
- Citroën was the first company to offer credit for buying cars! André Citroën registered a consumer credit company for the sole purpose of providing car buyers with the credit they'd need to buy one of his cars!
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.