Used Citroen Magnetos
All used Citroen Magnetos listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
The Citroen magneto is an apparatus that generates electricity.
Magnetos are part of the ignition system in some internal combustion petrol engines and are used to provide high voltage electrical pulses which supply energy to the spark plugs. This type of ignition system consists of the magneto, a spark plug and spark plug wire.
The magneto uses electromagnetism to generate electricity. A magneto is made up of a magnet which spins around inside a coiled wire, positioned in the inner rim of the flywheel, which is connected to the spark plug by a spark plug wire. The magneto generates its own magnetic field of energy which is used to power the spark plugs in order for combustion to occur. This type of magnet is known as a permanent magnet and it provides regular waves or pulses of alternating current.
The coiled wire in the magneto can burn out and crack causing the magneto to malfunction. Replacing this part when it fails with the Citroen magneto will ensure a part that fits properly, works well and lasts longer.
- The founder of the company, André Citroën, is renowned as something of a genius when it comes to marketing. He specifically targeted adverts for the 1922 Citroën Type C at women owners, and soon after the car became very popular, earning the nickname 'Petit Citron' after the distinctive lemon yellow paint job.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.
- The 1934 Citroën 7CV was the first mass-produced car to have front-wheel drive, hydraulic brakes, and real suspension! This basic design found its way into subsequent models right up until three decades later in the mid-1950s.
- After WWII, Michelin owned Citroën and wanted to make a car for the people. The Citroën 2CV was designed for driving on French roads, so it was incredibly sturdy, and tests were carried out by driving through ploughed fields with trays of eggs on the seats. Although changes in design happened, some version of the Citroën 2CV was in production from 1949 all the way through to 1990.
- In 1968, Citroën bought control of the Italian car firm Maserati. That purchase led to the design of the Citroën GT, which came with hydro-pneumatic suspension and a V6 engine. It did well in terms of sales, but production of the last version, the DS23 Pallas Electronique, was stopped in 1975 after the '73 oil crisis.