Used Citroen Mirror Rear Views
All used Citroen Mirror Rear Views listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Mirror Rear Views
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. The Citroen rear view mirror on a car is an interior mirror which allow the driver to see the 'blind spots' behind the car, enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The Citroen rear view mirror is housed in a casing and mounted centrally, usually to the top of the front windshield on a double-swivel mount which allows it to be adjusted vertically, horizontally and diagonally to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver. Internal rear view mirrors can be operated either electrically or manually.
Rear view mirror glass comes in a variety of options, such as plain glass, convex, or prismatic. Prismatic rear view mirrors are operated by hand and can be tilted using a tab below the mirror. This enables the driver to adjust the mirror to suit day or night driving. There is a clever automatic dimming feature available on some electric models which does this for you and reduces the glare in the rear view mirror from cars travelling behind. The rear view mirror glass should be clean and free from scratches, chips and cracks, to enable clear, safe vision. Rear view mirrors come in different shapes and sizes, dependent on the make and model of car, so it's important to ensure that you replace the rear view mirror with a part that is compatible with your vehicle.
Broken, smashed or chipped rear view mirrors will, of course, need replacing. Over a period of general use, the Citroen rear view mirror will suffer from general wear and need replacing with a rear view mirror that is compatible with the make and model of your car.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.