Find parts for your car
Used Citroen Oil Filters
All used Citroen Oil Filters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Oil Filters
The Citroen oil filter improves the performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently as possible while increasing the life of the engine. The oil filter ensures that the engine oil is as clean as possible by filtering out unwanted particles of dust and dirt.
The oil filter is usually connected directly to the Citroen oil filter housing. The oil filter housing is mounted on the engine and has a gasket which functions as a seal to prevent the engine oil from leaking out. The oil filter normally connects to the car's oil inlet, a valve in the engine, allowing the Citroen oil filter to catch particles and filter the oil before it reaches the engine. To find the oil filter first open the bonnet of the car and locate the oil filler cap. Once the cap has been removed the oil filter will be clear to see. The location of the oil filter varies from car to car. Some vehicles will have the oil filter positioned at the top of the engine close to the front and others will locate it at the bottom of the engine.
Oil in the engine needs to be as clean as possible. Using dirty, contaminated or old engine oil to run a car will eventually cause early wear and tear to the engine and can lead to a shorter engine life. When the oil is added to the engine it passes through the oil filter first. The oil filter protects the engine and many vital components by filtering the oil, collecting dust and other particles before they can get into the engine and cause damage.
If the Citroen oil filter is damaged it's likely this will allow debris to enter the oil supply, potentially causing damage to vital engine and fuel system components. The oil filter should be replaced regularly to ensure it isn't clogged up with a build up of dirt that stops it from working properly. The general rule of thumb is to change the oil filter every time you change the oil. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Citroen oil filter is the perfect replacement part.
- Citroën was the first company to offer credit for buying cars! André Citroën registered a consumer credit company for the sole purpose of providing car buyers with the credit they'd need to buy one of his cars!
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- French president Charles de Gaulle's life was saved by Citroën not once, but twice. In 1961 a Citroën DS managed to stay intact despite there being a bomb made of plastic explosive, dynamite, oil, and nails. It even managed to drive away from the scene. In 1962, de Gaulle was attacked again, this time with machine guns, but the Citroën again managed to get away from the would-be assassins.