Used Citroen Power Steering Pumps
All used Citroen Power Steering Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Power Steering Pumps
Power steering assists the driver of a car to steer and control the vehicle, allowing the driver to turn and steer the wheel with ease. With power steering very little force or effort is required by the driver, the power is provided by the power steering system. Power steering is a useful feature for many drivers as it can ease fatigue brought on by driving and can offer additional control of the vehicle.
The Citroen power steering pump is attached to the engine of the car by a serpentine belt.
The Citroen power steering pump plays an important part in the power steering process by harnessing power from the engine, to pump the steering fluid through the system to the steering rack. When the driver turns the steering wheel the pressurised fluid inside the Citroen power steering pump moves the piston that controls the gears that steer the car. The Citroen power steering pump adjusts the amount of steering fluid it pumps to the steering rack based on the speed the car is moving.
If there is a fault with the Citroen power steering pump the warning light will illuminate on the dashboard. If it is difficult to steer the car and the wheels of the car are stiff and increasingly tough to turn it is likely to be an indication of a fault with the power steering. The power steering pump, if defective, can leak causing the steering fluid to drain away and the whole system will cease to function properly. It is very important to get the power steering system inspected by a professional as a failure with the power steering could result in an accident if the steering wheel locks. When replacing the power steering pump it is vital to source a Citroen power steering pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.
- The 1934 Citroën 7CV was the first mass-produced car to have front-wheel drive, hydraulic brakes, and real suspension! This basic design found its way into subsequent models right up until three decades later in the mid-1950s.
- In 1968, Citroën bought control of the Italian car firm Maserati. That purchase led to the design of the Citroën GT, which came with hydro-pneumatic suspension and a V6 engine. It did well in terms of sales, but production of the last version, the DS23 Pallas Electronique, was stopped in 1975 after the '73 oil crisis.
- After WWII, Michelin owned Citroën and wanted to make a car for the people. The Citroën 2CV was designed for driving on French roads, so it was incredibly sturdy, and tests were carried out by driving through ploughed fields with trays of eggs on the seats. Although changes in design happened, some version of the Citroën 2CV was in production from 1949 all the way through to 1990.
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.