Used Citroen Secondary Fuel Pump Diesels
All used Citroen Secondary Fuel Pump Diesels listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Citroen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Secondary Fuel Pump Diesels
The engine is the power machine of a car, literally converting energy, in the form of fuel, into movement, and is known as an internal combustion engine. The engine is made up of several components that all work together to enable combustion to occur and in turn the car to move. The diesel fuel pump functions to pump diesel from the fuel tank into the cylinders of a diesel engine.
There are two fuel pumps in some fuel injected engines. One fuel pump will be located within the fuel tank and the secondary fuel pump is positioned on or close to the engine itself.
The fuel pump is an electronic device which delivers fuel under high pressure to meet the demands of the fuel injection engine. Working in conjunction with a computerised control unit, the diesel fuel pump and secondary fuel pump work to pump fuel into the engine while ensuring the correct level of pressure is applied to inject the right amount of fuel into the engine at the right time. The diesel pump works by spraying a light mist of fuel from injectors into the chambers of the engine, controlled by the computerised control unit, which manages the timing of this process. The injectors are fitted close to the inlet manifold, one for each cylinder, and are all calibrated (adjusted) to equally spray a mist of fuel into the intake of each cylinder in a sequence controlled electronically, for the sequential firing of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency.
An engine that won't start; a misfiring engine; an engine that struggles and stutters at high speeds; loss of power while accelerating; loss of power when driving uphill; and the vehicle surging or jumping forward when in motion could all be signs of a faulty secondary diesel pump. There are many things that can go wrong in the engine, so it's a good idea to consult with your mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault before buying replacement parts. Specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle, the Citroen secondary fuel pump diesel is the ideal choice when replacing this part.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- The 1934 Citroën 7CV was the first mass-produced car to have front-wheel drive, hydraulic brakes, and real suspension! This basic design found its way into subsequent models right up until three decades later in the mid-1950s.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.