Used Citroen Steering Pump Electrics
All used Citroen Steering Pump Electrics listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Steering Pump Electrics
The Citroenelectric steering pump forms part of a hydraulic power assisted steering system and is not to be confused with electric power steering, which operates without a belt-driven hydraulic pump. An Citroenelectric steering pump is found in what is sometimes described as electro-hydraulic or hybrid power steering systems. This type of system uses the same source of hydraulic pressure to provide the steering assistance but the hydraulic fluid is pumped out of the reservoir by an Citroenelectric steering pump rather than a belt driven by the engine.
The speed of the pump is regulated by an electric controller which has the ability to vary pump pressure and flow. This tailors the system’s contribution to the steering efforts to different driving situations. This means that the Citroenelectric steering pump can operate at higher speed and thereby provide greater steering assistance when the car is being driven slowly. This is especially helpful in providing assistance when the vehicle is being parked. A further advantage is that the pump can be operated at low speed or shut down completely to provide energy savings when driving in a straight line.
The Citroenelectric steering pump therefore plays an important role in operating a hydraulic power assisted steering system and is an effective alternative to an engine driven pump.
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.
- The founder of the company, André Citroën, is renowned as something of a genius when it comes to marketing. He specifically targeted adverts for the 1922 Citroën Type C at women owners, and soon after the car became very popular, earning the nickname 'Petit Citron' after the distinctive lemon yellow paint job.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.