Used Citroen Steering Rack Powers
All used Citroen Steering Rack Powers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Steering Rack Powers
A steering rack is an up to date version of the steering gearbox that was popularly used in older models of motor vehicle. This rack, through its co-ordination with the pinion, interprets the directional input from the steering wheel and uses it to either pull or push the vehicle’s front wheels into the driver’s desired direction. In simple terms, the steering rack is responsible for converting the steering wheel's rotational movement into linear movement in order to turn the vehicle’s wheels.
Although manual steering racks are effective, even greater steering assistance can be provided by a Citroenpower steering rack. The power steering rack is of a similar construction to the manual version but, to accommodate the hydraulic power assisted steering system there is one important modification. To help drive the power assisted steering it is necessary to deliver hydraulic fluid, under pressure, to the Citroenpower steering rack. This is achieved by part of the Citroenpower steering rack being connected to a cylinder which has a piston in the centre. There is a fluid port on each side of the cylinder. The hydraulic fluid is sent to either side of the piston, which causes the Citroenpower steering rack to move in accordance with the driver’s operation of the steering wheel, producing the power assisted steering.
A fault in the Citroenpower steering rack will result in the steering becoming more difficult and will require early investigation.
- The 1934 Citroën 7CV was the first mass-produced car to have front-wheel drive, hydraulic brakes, and real suspension! This basic design found its way into subsequent models right up until three decades later in the mid-1950s.
- Unfortunately, the founder of Citroën went bankrupt in 1934, even though the cars they produced were selling well and incredibly popular. The company exists today because tyre company Michelin bought the majority of shares in the company.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.