Used Citroen Tail Lights
All used Citroen Tail Lights listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Citroen are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Tail Lights
Part of the car's lighting setup, the Citroen rear tail light, is an important safety feature of the car enabling other road users to clearly see the vehicle from the rear.
The rear tail light is an external light that fixes to the outside of the car at the rear and is contained in either a metal or plastic housing. The tail lights can be in the same housing as other lighting such as the indicator lights, brake lights, parking lights, reverse lights and hazard lights, forming one single tail light with several functions. When indicating to go left, the indicator or signal light bulbs flash to indicate to other road users that the driver intends to turn left. The indicator light is also used by drivers in emergency situations to alert other road users that there is a potential hazard. Brake lights illuminate when the driver applies pressure to the brakes to let other road users know that the car is slowing down or stopping. Reverse lights illuminate when the driver puts the car into reverse, indicating to other road users that the car is reversing. Parking lights and hazard lights are used when the car is pulled up on the roadside, to alert other road users to the fact that there is a parked car. On some cars the tail light is a separate unit, however, often clustered together with the other rear vehicle lights. The tail light is wired up to come on when the front side lights are on and emits a red light which is designed to be duller than the brake light, so that the brake light is distinguishable from the tail light.
Unfortunately, because of their positioning on the vehicle and fragile bulbs, the Citroen rear tail light is prone to being smashed and cracked, particularly in a crash but also as a result of stones and debris flying up from the road or badly maneuvered reversing.
When replacing the rear tail light, it is important that you purchase a tail light intended for the car. Rear tail lights come in many different sizes and styles. Purchasing a new Citroen tail light will ensure you get a quality part that fits the make and model of your car.
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.
- After WWII, Michelin owned Citroën and wanted to make a car for the people. The Citroën 2CV was designed for driving on French roads, so it was incredibly sturdy, and tests were carried out by driving through ploughed fields with trays of eggs on the seats. Although changes in design happened, some version of the Citroën 2CV was in production from 1949 all the way through to 1990.
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.