Used Citroen Vacuum Pumps
All used Citroen Vacuum Pumps listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Vacuum Pumps
The Citroen vacuum pump is a small electric motor-driven pump which works with the car's ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to provide the extra vacuum required for the car's cruise control system to operate.
The vacuum pump is usually located in the left front corner of the engine compartment and is connected to a vacuum line running from the pump to the inside of the car.
When the accelerator pedal is pressed, the Citroen vacuum pump is activated. The vacuum pump works by creating a vacuum in the actuator, which operates the throttle valve. The throttle valve regulates the flow of air and fuel into the engine and ultimately the speed the car travels at. So the cruise control on the car takes charge of this process and, with the vacuum produced by the vacuum pump, manages the flow of air into the engine and in turn the speed of the car. Once the car has reached the desired pre-set speed, the cruise control system will maintain this constant speed and the Citroen vacuum pump shuts off.
The Citroen vacuum pump has several components that can fail over time, including the electric motor. If this part malfunctions it is imperative that you replace it with a Citroen vacuum pump that will be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- The founder of the company, André Citroën, is renowned as something of a genius when it comes to marketing. He specifically targeted adverts for the 1922 Citroën Type C at women owners, and soon after the car became very popular, earning the nickname 'Petit Citron' after the distinctive lemon yellow paint job.