Find parts for your car
Used Citroen Washer Bottles
All used Citroen Washer Bottles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Washer Bottles
Citroen washer bottle is a receptacle used to hold water or washer fluid for the front and rear windscreen of the vehicle. When the driver fills up the Citroen washer bottle he/she must ensure that the cap is replaced. The Citroen washer bottle is attached to the washer pump via thin plastic tubing. When the windscreen wipers are turned on, either by the driver or automatically, the washer pump begins pumping water from the Citroen washer bottle. The water or washer fluid is then pushed through the thin tubing to the washer jets and sprays out on to the front or rear windscreen. These washer jets are small metal nozzles with black rubberised protective covers that help prevent them from corrosion. The water or washer fluid from the jets is then used by the windscreen wipers to clean the windscreen.
If a crack appears in a Citroen washer bottle it may leak water or washer fluid. If this crack is big enough or is left for a long period of time the fluid/water will leak out of the washer bottle meaning none is left for cleaning the windscreens. Dirty windscreens can cause driver visibility issues.
- If you went into a Citroën showroom in the 20s, there's a good chance that you would have been given a letter that was personally handwritten by Andre Citroën himself, proclaiming the benefits of the car models. This one act of marketing genius is credited with being responsible for thousands of closed sales.
- Thanks to Citroën, the French driver Sebastien Loeb is the single most successful driver in the entire history of the World Rallying Championship. Nine consecutive driver's titles were won by Loeb in the time between 2004 and 2012, driving cars such as the Xsara, the C4, and the DS3.
- In 2019, the Citroën DS was voted in the UK as the 'coolest car ever', with writers and marketers calling it the Brigitte Bardot of cars. In second place was the E-Type Jag…
- Between 1925 and 1935, the Eiffel Tower was just a big, pointy billboard with the word 'Citroën' in bright lights from top to bottom. This was the first use of lights to advertise on the tower, and Citroën renewed the adverts every year until they were bought out by Michelin.
- Buying Maserati was definitely a mistake for Citroën. The SM model didn't sell well, and that led to financial difficulties that meant the car company was eventually acquired by Peugeot.