Used Citroen Windscreen Washer Motors
All used Citroen Windscreen Washer Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Citroen from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Windscreen Washer Motors
The Citroen windscreen washer motor works with the windscreen washer pump to provide the power to pump the washer spray across the windscreen, which works in conjunction with the windscreen wipers to clean the surface of the screen.
The electric windscreen washer motor consists of a cylinder referred to as the rotor or armature. This is the rotating part of the motor and it houses all of the components that work together to make up the motor. Surrounding the rotor are copper coils of wire which act as the conductors. When the windscreen washer motor switch is activated by the driver via the controls on the wiper stalk switch, this sends an electric current to the motor, and the copper winding picks up this current causing the electricity to move through the wiring. The electricity moving through the copper wire creates a circular magnetic field. It's this magnetic energy which generates the force to power the cylinder and makes it spin. The spinning cylinder creates the energy needed to power the motor which in turn powers the windscreen washer pump mechanism.
Driven by the Citroen windscreen washer motor, the washer bottle pump pumps the spray through the connecting pipe where it bursts out across the windscreen through the washer jets. With the help of the windscreen wipers the screen can be cleared of water and dirt. The windscreen washer motor sources it's electrical power through direct current from the car's battery. Often an electric motor will contain carbon brushes that work to move the electricity from outside the motor to the rotating copper winding housed in the center of the motor.
Common failures with the wiper motor is when the winding becomes shorted. These copper conductors can overheat causing the winding to short circuit. The carbon brushes in the motor are also put under a great deal of friction, and will eventually burn out causing the wiper motor to malfunction. When the windscreen washer motor needs replacing, buying the Citroen windscreen washer motor will ensure you get a part that's completely compatible with the make and model of your car.
- In 1968, Citroën bought control of the Italian car firm Maserati. That purchase led to the design of the Citroën GT, which came with hydro-pneumatic suspension and a V6 engine. It did well in terms of sales, but production of the last version, the DS23 Pallas Electronique, was stopped in 1975 after the '73 oil crisis.
- At a recent count, Citroën cars have appeared in just under 1,800 films, with the most famous being the Citroën used in the James Bond film, For Your Eyes Only. That film even had a tie-in car, a special edition Citroën that was emblazoned with the 007 logo and optional bullet hole stickers for the windows.
- The Citroën 2CV Safari had some crazy extra features. It was a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and Citroën decided that four-wheel drive meant that it would be better to have two engines...one at the front and one at the back. The fuel cap sticks out of the driver's door, and the tank was right under the driver's seat!
- John Lennon appeared in an advert for the Citroën DS3, many years after his death. The advert caused quite a lot of public criticism for Yoko Ono, who agreed to the musician's likeness being used.
- Citroën cars have been put through their paces and all in the name of advertising. Citroën vehicles have trekked huge distances for promotional reasons, including expeditions across the Sahara, throughout Africa, all over Asia, and even across Alaska.