Used Daewoo Air Filters
All used Daewoo Air Filters listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Daewoo from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Air Filters
The car’s air cleaner assembly works to provide the engine with a supply of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The air cleaner assembly protects the engine, improving the performance of the engine, enabling it to work as efficiently as possible while increasing its useful, working life.
The air cleaner assembly has an air filter, often referred to as an air intake filter cartridge, which collects dust and other particles. The Daewoo air filter is housed in a protective Daewoo air filter box, which is fixed on to the air intake, enabling filtration at the point the air enters the air induction system. The air filter also helps to silence the car's engine as the sound is absorbed by the air filter.
The Daewoo air filter has a maximum capacity and once dust collected reaches this capacity you will need to replace the Daewoo air filter, if disposable, or get it serviced if it is a washable non-disposable variety. Under no circumstances should you clean and replace a disposable air filter cartridge; these should always be replaced.
If the Daewoo air filter gets blocked due to an excess buildup of dust, dirt and oil, the air stream is restricted which stops the correct mixture of fuel and air needed for optimal combustion. A blocked air filter basically suffocates the engine. It is not a good idea to continue driving your car when the Daewoo air filter is blocked; this can have serious implications for the heating and ventilation and air conditioning systems as well as causing potential damage to the engine. Dirt and other unwanted debris that enters the engine can seriously damage pistons, carburetor and cylinders as well as potentially causing damage to the Daewoo air flow mass meter. A blocked air filter can also significantly reduce fuel efficiency. How regularly you need to replace or service the Daewoo air filter will depend on factors such as how often you drive your car and the length of your car journeys. Climate, air quality and road conditions will also play a big part in how hard the Daewoo air filter is having to work. If the engine is not performing as well, using more fuel or you have difficulty starting your car it could mean you have a clogged Daewoo air filter and it will need replacing or servicing.
- In 1996, Daewoo made just over 20,000 new car sales in the UK alone!
- Although Daewoo hasn't been featured in as many films as other makes, they do have a memorable appearance in the comedy Pineapple Express with Seth Rogen. The lemon-yellow Daewoo was used in place of the intended Ford Fiesta, and the scene features one of the main characters cheering, "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos!"
- The British public was one of the markets where Daewoo did particularly well. The low prices were clearly appealing, and the new approach to sales was unique enough to stand out. By the end of 1996, Daewoo had managed to secure a 1% share of the UK's new car market.
- It's not a unique idea, but Daewoo took a big risk by not having their own franchised dealers. Throw in the fact that their prices were incredibly transparent, and it starts to become a mystery as to why Daewoo never made the impact they hoped for.
- In 1998, Daewoo won the What Car? magazine’s Car of the Year Award, but also saw wins for the best car sales customer service. In the same year, the Nexia model won ‘best in class’ in the Cornhill Motor Insurance Test survey.