Used Daewoo Batterys
All used Daewoo Batterys listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Daewoo from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
The Batteries typically used in vehicles powered by combustion engines are known as SLI type. This abbreviation stands for Starting, Lighting, Ignition.
The Battery is usually of a lead-acid type. The Daewoo battery provides the high power required for the starter motor and also the power for all the electrical systems for a certain period when the engine is not running. When the engine is started and is running the alternator takes over the electrical supply and the battery is recharged.
The battery in most cars with front engines is situated under the bonnet in the engine compartment. On some vehicles the battery is located under the rear passenger seats or sometimes in the boot compartment.
The Daewoo battery has a relatively uncertain life span. Signs that it needs replacing can be that the starter motor is struggling and not turning at a normal speed. Causes for damage to a battery can be a failing alternator which is causing a failure in fully charging and the battery is being used constantly in the running of the engine and the electrical systems. Allowing the electrolyte fluid levels to drop too low in the cells also damages the battery. Loose connections also cause damage. Leaving lighting and electrical systems running without the engine operating can cause a deep discharge in the battery which can also damage it.
- In 1996, Daewoo made just over 20,000 new car sales in the UK alone!
- The Daewoo LeMans isn't just one of the greatest commercial successes that the car company had; it's also the first car they sold that went to global markets rather than just being sold in Asia.
- The founder of Daewoo was Kim Woo Choong, who died in 2019 after a long and mixed career.
- The best-selling Daewoo car is the Matiz. This design, based on the 1992 concept car, the Lucciola, was hoped to replace the popularity of the Fiat Cinquecento. It didn't quite do that, but it was Daewoo's bestseller for four years.
- The Daewoo logo has seen some big changes over the years, with some of the more random examples being the crowned logo seen on the Royale Series, and the ‘double-D’ redesign that most people will recognise.