Find parts for your car
Used Daewoo Bumpers
All used Daewoo Bumpers listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Daewoo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The bumper is a vital safety feature on all vehicles and in order for a car to be considered roadworthy it is a legal requirement to have both front and rear bumpers fitted. The job of the bumper is to absorb the impact of a crash. The Daewoo bumper complete consists of all the components that together make up the front bumper or the rear bumper of a vehicle. The Daewoo bumper complete provides protection to the car in the event of a crash, by minimising damage to the front and rear end of the car frame and body. The bumper’s function is to protect the fuel, exhaust, cooling system, bonnet, boot, and grille, including features such as tail lights, headlamps and parking lights. The bumper also serves to protect the occupants of the car in the event of a crash. By absorbing some of the impact of the collision, the bumper minimises the force of an impact for driver and passengers.
The front bumper is fixed to a bumper bracket at the front of the car enabling it to absorb some of the impact from a head on collision. The rear bumper is fixed to bumper brackets to the rear of the car absorbing impact from a rear collision. The bumper complete is a full bumper consisting of an outer panel and an inner bar that make up the bumper and includes some or all of the following parts, depending on the car make, model and year: bumper brackets; bumper grille; bumper cross member; bumper end caps; bumper reinforcer; bumper moulding; bumper spoiler; bumper splitter; bumper towing eye and cover.
Bumpers in modern vehicles are made of a variety of materials, and usually consist of a strong bar made of either fiberglass, steel, rubber, aluminum, thermo glass or plastic with a plastic outer. Some bumpers have an energy absorbing material, such as polypropylene foam, beneath the outer cover, which absorbs impact and is designed to soften the blow for pedestrians, if hit by a slow moving car, as well as helping to prevent the bumper from cracking and breaking. Bumpers also come in a variety of styles and shapes, both dependent on the make and model of the car and can be added to and customised in a number of ways.
The Daewoo bumper complete often needs replacing following impact received in an accident. If the front or rear bumper or any other bumper related parts need replacing, it's advisable to buy a new or replacement part that has been manufactured to fit the make, model and year of your car. The Daewoo bumper complete provides the complete package.
- When Daewoo tried to break the US car market, they did hardly any advertising. Instead, they relied on word of mouth referrals from college students, and what they called 'Daewoo Campus Advisors'.
- Daewoo introduced a lot of features that we now take for granted, such as the concept of free servicing, free AA breakdown, and a free three-year warranty.
- There's no avoiding the fact that although they carried on producing cars right into the 2000s, Daewoo had consistent financial issues. That led to the sale of the Daewoo Group to General Motors. GM carried on making Daewoo cars up until 2012.
- The Daewoo logo has seen some big changes over the years, with some of the more random examples being the crowned logo seen on the Royale Series, and the ‘double-D’ redesign that most people will recognise.
- The Daewoo LeMans isn't just one of the greatest commercial successes that the car company had; it's also the first car they sold that went to global markets rather than just being sold in Asia.