Find parts for your car
Used Daewoo Wing Mirrors Electric
All used Daewoo Wing Mirrors Electric listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Daewoo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Wing Mirrors Electric
There are areas of the road, behind the car and to the sides, which are crucial to be able to see, in order to drive safely, which are out of the driver's peripheral vision. The Daewoo electric wing mirror is an exterior mirror which enables the driver to see these 'blind spots' enabling clear vision of any traffic nearby and any potential hazards, and as such is an important visual aid and safety feature.
The Daewoo electric wing mirror is usually mounted in the door pillar on the side of the door.
The Daewoo electric wing mirror can be adjusted electronically to move vertically, horizontally and diagonally from inside the car by a control switch. The Daewoo electric wing mirror can be adjusted to suit the height, line of sight and seat position of the driver. An option on some electric windows is a memory feature which remembers the individual wing mirror settings for each driver of the car and can be programmed to recall them. Some electric wing mirrors also heat the glass on the mirror to aid visibility, stopping the mirror from icing in freezing conditions or clouding up in heavy rain. There is also an automatic dimming feature available on some electric models which reduces the glare in the wing mirror from cars traveling behind. The Daewoo electric wing mirror can be folded in close to the car to avoid damage when parked.
The Daewoo electric wing mirror can be subject to problems, such as failure in the motor or the wing mirror control switch. Problems can also occur if water seeps into the electric wing mirror. Broken, smashed and chipped mirrors will, of course, need replacing and naturally over a period of general use the Daewoo electric wing mirror will need replacing with one that is compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The founder of Daewoo was Kim Woo Choong, who died in 2019 after a long and mixed career.
- Although Daewoo hasn't been featured in as many films as other makes, they do have a memorable appearance in the comedy Pineapple Express with Seth Rogen. The lemon-yellow Daewoo was used in place of the intended Ford Fiesta, and the scene features one of the main characters cheering, "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos!"
- Daewoo translates to 'Great Universe', and the company reputedly cost less than £20k to set up.
- In 1996, Daewoo made just over 20,000 new car sales in the UK alone!
- They've gone through a few different slogans in their various incarnations, including 'A different kind of car company? That'll be the Daewoo', 'Daewoo, that's who', and 'New ways, Always'.