Find parts for your car
Used Daewoo Starter Motors
All used Daewoo Starter Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Daewoo are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Starter Motors
A car engine needs to be rotating at a significant speed in order for it to start. The Daewoo starter motor is a powerful electric motor which provides the power to turn the engine. The Daewoo starter motor works to provide enough power to get the car engine turning at the correct speed for it to start.
The starter motor is usually situated near the back of the engine, on the underside, where it can be bolted into position on the outer edge of the flywheel. The flywheel is a large cog, approximately 12" in diameter, which is connected to one end of the crankshaft, the main shaft inside the engine, which is turned by the movement of the pistons.
This powerful, electric motor is driven by the car's battery, and starts working when you turn the key in the ignition. It has a thick shaft with a small stubby sprung-loaded cog. When the ignition key is fully turned or starter button pressed, the power is transmitted via a solenoid switch to the motor. When the starter motor rotates, the sprung-loaded cog, due to its design, spirals out against its shaft spring and engages the cog of the flywheel. The starter motor then turns the flywheel, which rotates the engine via the crankshaft and the firing sequence is initiated and the engine starts. When the ignition key or button is released, the sprung-loaded cog on the starter motor disengages from the flywheel and pops back clear.
It is not uncommon for starter motors to malfunction. General wear and tear takes it toll on the Daewoo starter motor and it will eventually need replacing. Symptoms of a faulty starter motor can include an engine which is really slow to turn over and no response at all or just a click or clunk from the starter motor when you turn the key in the ignition. It is advisable to have any problems looked at by a professional. When replacing the Daewoo starter motor it should be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- The best-selling Daewoo car is the Matiz. This design, based on the 1992 concept car, the Lucciola, was hoped to replace the popularity of the Fiat Cinquecento. It didn't quite do that, but it was Daewoo's bestseller for four years.
- They've gone through a few different slogans in their various incarnations, including 'A different kind of car company? That'll be the Daewoo', 'Daewoo, that's who', and 'New ways, Always'.
- Although Daewoo hasn't been featured in as many films as other makes, they do have a memorable appearance in the comedy Pineapple Express with Seth Rogen. The lemon-yellow Daewoo was used in place of the intended Ford Fiesta, and the scene features one of the main characters cheering, "You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos!"
- There's no avoiding the fact that although they carried on producing cars right into the 2000s, Daewoo had consistent financial issues. That led to the sale of the Daewoo Group to General Motors. GM carried on making Daewoo cars up until 2012.
- It's not a unique idea, but Daewoo took a big risk by not having their own franchised dealers. Throw in the fact that their prices were incredibly transparent, and it starts to become a mystery as to why Daewoo never made the impact they hoped for.