Find parts for your car
Used Daewoo Window Motor Cables
All used Daewoo Window Motor Cables listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Daewoo from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Window Motor Cables
There are different types of electric window mechanisms. Most commonly the use of a motor and a mechanism with a worm gear and a curved cogged arm are employed to create the up and down movement of the window glass. Another type uses a motor and a mechanism that has cables that are wound and unwound on spools to create the lift and drop of the window glass.
Problems with the cable type can be through lack of lubrication between the inner cable and the outer sleeve. This results in resistance and slowing of the mechanism and the speed of the movement in the window, or can be a complete seizure of the cable and a resulting snapping of the cable.
Replacement of the cable requires removal of the electric motor with its attached mechanism.
The motor and mechanism is located behind the the door card trim in the door cavity. Access to the motor and mechanism with the cables, requires the removal of the door card trim and the disconnection of the electrical connections.
- When GM took control of Daewoo and entered the European market themselves, they just re-badged the entire range of Daewoo cars. They even used the official tagline: "Daewoo has grown up enough to become Chevrolet."
- They've gone through a few different slogans in their various incarnations, including 'A different kind of car company? That'll be the Daewoo', 'Daewoo, that's who', and 'New ways, Always'.
- The Daewoo LeMans isn't just one of the greatest commercial successes that the car company had; it's also the first car they sold that went to global markets rather than just being sold in Asia.
- In 1996, Daewoo made just over 20,000 new car sales in the UK alone!
- Daewoo translates to 'Great Universe', and the company reputedly cost less than £20k to set up.