Used Fiat Airbags
All used Fiat Airbags listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
One of the most crucial parts of the car's safety system are the airbags. An airbag can mean the difference between survival and serious injury or death in a crash situation. The airbag system is a clever and complex piece of kit which is made up of various components, one of the most important being the airbag itself.
Airbags are made out of stretchy material and are housed, usually in airbag covers, compressed tightly beneath this casing. The Fiat airbag is located in the hub of the steering wheel, to protect the driver in a frontal and rollover crash.
The Fiat airbag reacts upon impact by filling with air at exceptional speed, creating a pillow which bursts out of the airbag cover or panel it is secured behind and into the car protecting the driver by cushioning the impact of head or upper body with the interior of the car. The airbag will then deflate afterwards. The Fiat airbag needs to spring into action practically as soon as the crash happens. According to studies, an airbag will activate within 55 milliseconds of impact. You can see why it is imperative that your car's airbag system is fully functional and in good working order as the Fiat airbag must be able to respond accurately and do its job properly. The driver need to be seated in the driving position and wearing a seatbelt for the Fiat airbag to work properly upon impact and to avoid receiving injury from airbag inflation.
If there is damage or a fault with the Fiat airbag the airbag system warning light will illuminate on the dashboard indicating that there is a problem. Once the airbag system warning light illuminates, the system becomes inactive which means if you have a crash the airbags will not work so it is important to address the problem as soon as possible. If the Fiat airbag inflates you will need to replace it with a new Fiat airbag as airbags cannot be reused.
- film studio all the cars they needed, but the film company went for the Mini instead. However, a Fiat car does show up in the film, driven and owned by mafia boss Altabani.
- Fiat produced the first Italian car to sell more overseas units than homegrown ones.
- While the name Fiat is an acronym of 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino', it also translates to 'so be it' in Italian!
- As a car accessory that should be seen much more than it is, the Fiat 500L came with its own coffee maker. The espresso machine would have made those morning commutes far easier.
- Fiat vans have an odd way of being named. They are all named after antique Italian coins! That’s why they have names like Doblo, Ducato, and Fiorino.