Used Fiat Axles
All used Fiat Axles listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Fiat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The term axle is loosely used to describe the shaft or two half shafts connected to transverse wheels. It can be a load bearing shaft or a shaft that drives the wheels on a Fiat.
On a rear wheel drive vehicle, the power to the wheels comes from a propeller shaft which runs under the centre of the vehicle, front to back, from the gearbox to the differential drive which is located centrally between the two rear wheels. The differential is a set of cogs which turns the drive rotation ninety degrees to each back wheel. The Differential, through the clever design and setup of the cogs, allows the rear wheels to rotate at different speeds necessary when the vehicle is turning. The term rear axle can refer to the complete set of two half shafts or half axles and the differential.
On front wheel drive vehicles there are two half shaft/axles connected from a differential usually combined in the gearbox via constant velocity joints which allow the front wheels to rotate for steering the vehicle while under torque from the rotating shaft/axle. These CV joints are usually encased in a rubber sleeve containing lubricant grease. The rear wheels of the front wheel drive vehicle have stub axles which are usually short and part of an independent suspension system on each rear wheel.
- While the name Fiat is an acronym of 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino', it also translates to 'so be it' in Italian!
- Most Fiats are still manufactured in Italy, but the second-largest producer is Brazil. That's because Fiats are the most popular car make in Brazil, and there are more sales of Fiats there than all of the other manufacturers combined.
- During the extended car chase in the film The Italian Job, the Mini Coopers and police Alfa Romeos drive around the rooftop track of the Fiat factory in Turin. Fiat actually offered the
- Fiat has won the European Car of the Year award an incredible nine times, more than any other manufacturer. However, the first Fiat to win the prestigious award was the 124 model, which was released in 1967.
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.