Find parts for your car
Used Fiat Battery Trays
All used Fiat Battery Trays listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Fiat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Battery Trays
Commonly cars are fitted with a twelve volt battery. It provides the electrical power to start the engine and power all the electrical systems on the vehicle when the engine is not running the alternator. The battery is connected via two terminal leads which are found adjacent to the battery compartment. The compartment which, includes the tray, can found be under the bonnet in the engine compartment, under the rear passenger seats or in the boot compartment.
The battery compartment consists of a tray/frame and a clamping system to keep the battery in a solid and secure position. The tray/frame varies in design and construction depending on make, model and position of the battery placement within any particular vehicle. It may be made of metal or plastic, it may be bolted down or it may hang on brackets, it may have a solid base plate or be of an angular bar construction. The Fiat battery tray is designed to be exactly compatible with the make and model of your vehicle. The battery sits in the base tray and is secured with 2 x j bolts which hook into the tray and through a top angle bracket that sits on top of the battery which is pulled down onto the battery by.nuts on the threaded end of the j bolt. Some battery trays have flat clamps that secure the battery on the base lip.
Problems can occur with corrosion and oxidation of the base plate due to the lead/acid nature and the function of power generation and battery charging in automobiles. The Fiat battery tray is the ideal replacement part, specifically manufactured for the make and model of your vehicle.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.
- Fiat had a break from selling cars in the US, and was absent from that country for 27 years!
- Fiat produced the first Italian car to sell more overseas units than homegrown ones.
- While the name Fiat is an acronym of 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino', it also translates to 'so be it' in Italian!
- As a car accessory that should be seen much more than it is, the Fiat 500L came with its own coffee maker. The espresso machine would have made those morning commutes far easier.