Used Fiat Bell Housings
All used Fiat Bell Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Fiat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Bell Housings
The Fiat bell housing is a bell-shaped aluminium part of the transmission and covers the flywheel and the clutch. It is bolted to the engine, near the starter motor, and its function is to connect the electric motor to a hydraulic pump. Some Fiat bell housings are made specifically for competition and have quick release bolts to allow the gearbox to be detached quickly without needing to remove from the engine.
If fitting a new Fiat bell housing, it’s important to ensure that it’s properly fitted and not misaligned. A misaligned Fiat bell housing can cause friction which can cause failure of the driveshaft, pressure plate or clutch which can all result in terminal damage to the vehicle’s transmission. Sometimes misalignment can be caused by the engine block that the Fiat bell housing is attached to and it may be necessary to replace the engine block.
Signs of a damaged or misaligned Fiat bell housing can be noticed through a grinding noise when the clutch is applied which is caused by the friction between the Fiat bell housing and the parts surrounding it. Friction can also cause the vehicle to drive slower than expected.
- Fiat produced the first Italian car to sell more overseas units than homegrown ones.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.
- During the extended car chase in the film The Italian Job, the Mini Coopers and police Alfa Romeos drive around the rooftop track of the Fiat factory in Turin. Fiat actually offered the
- Most Fiats are still manufactured in Italy, but the second-largest producer is Brazil. That's because Fiats are the most popular car make in Brazil, and there are more sales of Fiats there than all of the other manufacturers combined.
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.