Used Fiat Body Shells
All used Fiat Body Shells listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Fiat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Body Shells
The Fiat body shell is the outer shell of a car body, forming the skeleton or frame of the car, upon which the body of the car is supported. The body shell consists of a selection of big sections of steel, of differing shapes and sizes, which are welded or cold riveted together to form the basic structure of the vehicle. The body shell functions primarily, therefore, as the most important structural component of a car.
The body shell of a car can come in an array of shapes and designs, dependent on the car make and model. The body shell is designed to be rigid so that it can support the rest of the car components and keep all of these parts aligned as they should be. The Fiat body shell provides a base structure upon which systems, such as the suspension, can be mounted. The components of the car, such as the mechanical parts; interior fittings; the doors and window glass, are basically fixed to the <Model> body shell, usually separated from the frame by rubber insulator pads.
The major purpose of the Fiat body shell is to support the body and mechanical parts of the car; support the weight of the passengers and luggage in the car; support the car structurally in a collision as well as offering protection to the occupants of the car; support the car in adverse weather conditions by adding stability and ensuring a steady drive; and stabilize the general handling and steering capabilities of the vehicle. The shape of the body shell also functions to assist with the aerodynamics of the vehicle, supporting the lift balance between the front and rear of the car, bettering the stability and handling.
Excessive corrosion, usually with cars that are left out in the elements all the time, can lead to the entire body shell needing to be replaced. Often the rest of the vehicle is running perfectly with plenty of life left, and a new Fiat body shell could be the difference between a functioning car or having to take the vehicle off the road. If the body shell has received significant damage in a collision, then it will need to be replaced. You might have taken on a project to build your own car and want to buy a new body shell to begin this mission. When buying a new Fiat body shell, you can be sure it's manufactured to support and be compatible with the other components of your specific car make and model.
- Fiat had a break from selling cars in the US, and was absent from that country for 27 years!
- While the name Fiat is an acronym of 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino', it also translates to 'so be it' in Italian!
- During the extended car chase in the film The Italian Job, the Mini Coopers and police Alfa Romeos drive around the rooftop track of the Fiat factory in Turin. Fiat actually offered the
- Most Fiats are still manufactured in Italy, but the second-largest producer is Brazil. That's because Fiats are the most popular car make in Brazil, and there are more sales of Fiats there than all of the other manufacturers combined.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.