Used Fiat Bonnets
All used Fiat Bonnets listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list used car parts for Fiat are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
The Fiat bonnet is a crucial part of the car, for beneath it is housed some of the most important components a car needs in order to run. In most cars the bonnet is the hinged cover that protects and allows access to the engine compartment. In some cars, such as the VW Beetle, however, the engine is positioned in the rear of the vehicle, so the bonnet would, in this case, give access to the space designated for luggage.
Often made of steel, bonnets are also made of aluminum, fiberglass, dry carbon and carbon fiber. The bonnet is fixed to the frame at the front of the car and, with the action of hinges, opens outwards. The Fiat bonnet is made up of an outer panel which is designed to be smooth and streamlined, contoured to match the shape of the car and an inner panel which is strong and offers protection to the engine beneath.
The bonnet works with a latch mechanism, and is held down by a latch which stops it from opening unexpectedly while driving along and also acts as a lock. The bonnet can be opened by releasing this latch, hidden just under the bonnet lip, or by pulling a small handle, or pushing a button, inside the car, usually located beneath the steering wheel, which is attached to the bonnet pull cable. The bonnet pops open and can be held up and in place with the aid of a hinged rod, commonly referred to as a stay rod, or by a gas strut. There are some bonnets, particularly aftermarket ones, which are held down and kept shut with pins.
Subject to damage from scratches, scrapes and dents, and damage caused by stones and other unwanted objects flying up from the road, as well as being exposed to all weather conditions, the outer panel of the bonnet can, over time, look a little worse for wear. Issues can arise from the buildup of dirt on the latch mechanism, leading to a bonnet that sticks and is hard to open. In some cases, the bonnet may not open at all due to a faulty or worn out mechanism, perhaps due to a worn bonnet pull cable which attaches to the latch. You may need to replace the bonnet because it has suffered damage in a crash. Some car owners merely want to give their car a new look and buying a Fiat bonnet will ensure the part fits the make and model of your car.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.
- There was an ongoing joke in the UK that Fiat was an acronym for 'Fix it again, Tony'. Fiat found it hilarious and used the slogan themselves in 2014 in their ads.
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.
- Fiat has won the European Car of the Year award an incredible nine times, more than any other manufacturer. However, the first Fiat to win the prestigious award was the 124 model, which was released in 1967.