Find parts for your car
Used Fiat Engine Knock Sensors
All used Fiat Engine Knock Sensors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Engine Knock Sensors
Timing and temperature are crucial in a vehicle's ignition system in order for combustion to occur correctly and for the engine to perform at its best. In an engine, when fuel is not ignited properly/at the right time it produces an explosion that can ruin the finely-tuned cycle of the engine, and can lead to damaged engine components. These little explosions are referred to as engine knock or detonation, and produce a knocking or pinging sound in the engine. The Fiat engine knock sensor functions to detect harmful engine vibrations caused by engine knock and this information is used to determine ignition timing and prevent further detonation.
Positioned on the intake manifold, engine block or cylinder head, the engine knock sensor works by sending a signal to the car's ECU (Electronic Control Unit) which will use this information to adjust the ignition timing to protect the engine from what is known as pre-ignition; the fuel combusting and burning before it is ignited by the spark plug.
If the fuel burns in the engine before it should, usually due to the engine's compression being too low, this can lead to a build-up of carbon deposit and debris. When these deposits accumulate in the cylinder head, the air and fuel mixture does not have enough space, leading to compression being too high in the cylinders, which results in engine knock. The engine-knock-sensor functions to detect when this is happening and with the help of the ECU avoid this pre-ignition.
If there is a problem with the engine knock sensor the warning light should illuminate on the dashboard of the car. Signs of a malfunctioning engine knock sensor can include a loss of acceleration and the vehicle not achieving as many miles to the gallon as usual. It's advisable to seek advice from a mechanic to establish the exact cause of the fault. When you need to replace this part, the Fiat engine knock sensor is the ideal choice, designed to be compatible with the make and model of your vehicle.
- The 1999 Fiat Multipla has been consistently voted one of the strangest car designs of all time. It’s easy to see why, with the odd light placement, a muffin-shaped top, and two rows of three seats (in the front!). A redesign in 2004 made the Multipla much more popular.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.
- Fiat had a break from selling cars in the US, and was absent from that country for 27 years!
- Fiat produced the first Italian car to sell more overseas units than homegrown ones.
- While the name Fiat is an acronym of 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino', it also translates to 'so be it' in Italian!