Find parts for your car
Used Fiat Fuel Tank Petrols
All used Fiat Fuel Tank Petrols listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Fuel Tank Petrols
The Fiat petrol fuel tank is one of the primary elements of the fuel system. It is a container which is used to store the petrol needed for internal combustion in the engine.
The fuel tank is located on the opposite side of the vehicle to the engine for safety reasons. Fuel tanks are normally manufactured from either welded sheets of steel or aluminium or blow moulded from high-density polyethylene plastic (HDPE).
The fuel tank will have a pipe that connects to it which is used to fill the tank with fuel and this is covered by a petrol flap or cap. The fuel tank usually has a sensor inside which tells the fuel gauge how much fuel is in the tank and the tank is also designed to minimise the amount of hazardous vapours escaping the tank. The fuel system also has a fuel pump attached either to the fuel tank in newer models, or to the engine in older vehicles. The pump is operated either by the car electrics or by the engine depending on where it's located. The fuel pump is attached to a pipe which draws petrol out of the fuel tank. This fuel pipe has a filter in it to take out any imperfections in the fuel. Good maintenance of the fuel filter is essential as any imperfections such as paint chips or dirt will cause the running parts of an engine to wear more quickly. In some older vehicles this fuel is then sent to the carburettor to mix the fuel and air in correct proportions. Nowadays, it's much more common for this to be mixed in the engine itself with fuel injected in to the engine chambers and mixing with air generated by the pistons.
Problems with the fuel system can cause major problems with the engine. Some issues can include excessive engine smoke or difficulty with the engine starting or loss of power. These are obvious signs that something is wrong, and should be investigated immediately. If the fuel tank has a leak or is damaged in any way it should be replaced as soon as possible. The Fiat petrol fuel tank is the ideal replacement part, specifically designed to be compatible with the make and model of your car.
- Fiat has steadily grown, and now owns a variety of car companies, including Lancia, Ferrari, Chrysler, and Alfa Romeo.
- When it was made, the Fiat 500 was one of the smallest cars in the world! It was only 127 inches long and 50 inches wide! Italians have a nickname for the Fiat 500, calling it the 'Topolino', which translates to the little mouse.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.
- Fiat has won the European Car of the Year award an incredible nine times, more than any other manufacturer. However, the first Fiat to win the prestigious award was the 124 model, which was released in 1967.
- The British School of Motoring uses Fiats as learner vehicles. They moved from the Vauxhall Corsa to Fiats in 2009, and Fiat has now supplied over 14,000 vehicles to the BSM.