Used Fiat Roof Soft Top Motors
All used Fiat Roof Soft Top Motors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Roof Soft Top Motors
Whilst the roofs of many soft top convertible cars are retracted manually, in others - particularly more modern vehicles - the roof is raised and lowered with the assistance of an electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor.
To operate the raising and lowering of the roof involves engaging a power switch. Certain fabric roofs have a set of clips to secure the roof in place and keep it water -tight. These need to be unfastened before lowering the roof. When the switch is engaged, the electric or hydraulic soft top roof motor causes a gear to turn on each side of the car, which drives the roof open. These gears are connected to a bracket which, in turn, connects to the roof itself.
The roof is constructed using various brackets and arms which, when the opening mechanism is engaged, fold inside the roof’s structure and unfold when the roof is closed.
The soft top roof motor makes the process of operating a soft top roof quicker and easier than doing it manually. Many vehicles with a soft top roof motor do allow manual operation in the event that the motor breaks down. Replacement motors may be purchased but they can be an expensive component and the fitting can be complicated, sometimes requiring the complete removal of the soft top.
- During the extended car chase in the film The Italian Job, the Mini Coopers and police Alfa Romeos drive around the rooftop track of the Fiat factory in Turin. Fiat actually offered the
- Most Fiats are still manufactured in Italy, but the second-largest producer is Brazil. That's because Fiats are the most popular car make in Brazil, and there are more sales of Fiats there than all of the other manufacturers combined.
- As a car accessory that should be seen much more than it is, the Fiat 500L came with its own coffee maker. The espresso machine would have made those morning commutes far easier.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.
- Fiat's first car ever was the 4HP, which they rolled out in 1899. It came with a two-cylinder engine, had 4.2 horsepower and managed an impressive 22mph. The car was built in Turin, Italy, where Fiat still has its factory.