Used Fiat Speed Sensors
All used Fiat Speed Sensors listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Speed Sensors
Many modern vehicles have a Fiat speed sensor. This sophisticated component is used to detect the speed of the vehicle and pass this information on to a variety of other components such as the anti-lock braking system, the cruise control system and the variable assist power steering system.
The majority of newer vehicles with a Fiat speed sensor will have a model that operates through a permanent magnet. The Fiat speed sensor will be mounted either in the vehicle’s rear differential assembly or in the transmission case. If the Fiat speed sensor is mounted in the transmission case it is most likely that it will be gear driven whilst a Fiat speed sensor mounted in the rear differential operates by means of a trigger wheel that is mounted with the ring gear. Regardless of the location of the Fiat speed sensor mounting, the same information is collated and distributed electronically to other parts of the vehicle.
Because there are several tasks to which the Fiat speed sensor is integral, a faulty sensor might reveal itself in a variety of ways. If the cruise control stops working, the speedometer ceases to operate or the anti lock braking system begins to behave erratically, the source of the problem may well be a faulty Fiat speed sensor.
If this is the case it is essential to replace the faulty sensor to ensure that the functioning of all of those dependent components is restored.
- There was an ongoing joke in the UK that Fiat was an acronym for 'Fix it again, Tony'. Fiat found it hilarious and used the slogan themselves in 2014 in their ads.
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.
- Fiat has won the European Car of the Year award an incredible nine times, more than any other manufacturer. However, the first Fiat to win the prestigious award was the 124 model, which was released in 1967.
- When it was made, the Fiat 500 was one of the smallest cars in the world! It was only 127 inches long and 50 inches wide! Italians have a nickname for the Fiat 500, calling it the 'Topolino', which translates to the little mouse.