Used Fiat Suspension Struts
All used Fiat Suspension Struts listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Suspension Struts
The Fiat suspension strut is a strong metal strut that is positioned behind the wheel with the control arm sitting either side of it. It’s bolted to the chassis at the top and the lower control arm at the bottom. The strut consists of a metal bar with a damper positioned in the middle. Over the top of this metal bar sits a coil spring which in combination with the damper acts a shock absorber and cushions the vehicle from the bumps in the roads surface to provide a smoother ride. The Fiat suspension strut also improves the performance of the coil spring by dampening the effect the springs have when dealing with shocks.
The strut also plays a key part in steering and alignment.
Damage to the Fiat suspension strut can result in ‘forward plunge.’ This is where the vehicle shunts forward when brakes are applied.
Other issues can include the vehicle rocking from side to side or being unpredictable when handling. It’s also worth noting that the ride smoothness will greatly deteriorate if the Fiat suspension strut is showing signs of wear. A quick way of checking performance is to use a ‘bounce test.’
- film studio all the cars they needed, but the film company went for the Mini instead. However, a Fiat car does show up in the film, driven and owned by mafia boss Altabani.
- Fiat had a break from selling cars in the US, and was absent from that country for 27 years!
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.
- Fiat has won the European Car of the Year award an incredible nine times, more than any other manufacturer. However, the first Fiat to win the prestigious award was the 124 model, which was released in 1967.
- The British School of Motoring uses Fiats as learner vehicles. They moved from the Vauxhall Corsa to Fiats in 2009, and Fiat has now supplied over 14,000 vehicles to the BSM.