Used Fiat Throttle Body Housings
All used Fiat Throttle Body Housings listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Throttle Body Housings
The <Model> throttle body is a part of the engine's intake system which regulates the amount of air that is mixed with fuel for combustion. The Fiat throttle body housing encases the throttle body. The engine needs oxygen from the air in order for combustion to work. It is imperative that the car's engine is supplied with the correct amount of clean, filtered air. Air needs to be as clean as possible before it mixes with the fuel and burns in the cylinders of the engine. The overall result of this ensures the engine is working to its optimum, providing more power and fuel efficiency. A car's air intake system consists of several vital components that work together to ensure the air entering the engine is a steady and uninterrupted flow of clean, filtered air, of exactly the right amount.
Located on top of the intake manifold, the Fiat throttle body housing covers and protects the throttle body and is designed to assist with the flow of the air/fuel mixture. This part is usually manufactured from specialised plastic to be able to withstand high temperatures.
The throttle body houses a valve or flap known as the throttle plate which opens and closes to regulate airflow into the engine. This is controlled by movement of the accelerator pedal by the driver although may also have additional input from the engine control unit (ECU). The throttle body is located on the top of the engine between the airbox/air filter and inlet/intake manifold which are often connected together with rubber, silicone or metal tubing.
Problems can occur with the <Model> throttle body and housing due to a build of dirt or soot causing restrictions in the air flow or movement of the throttle plate. When you need to replace this part, buying a good quality Fiat throttle body housing will give you a component specifically designed for the make and model of your vehicle.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.
- There was an ongoing joke in the UK that Fiat was an acronym for 'Fix it again, Tony'. Fiat found it hilarious and used the slogan themselves in 2014 in their ads.
- The band Owl City released a song called 'Good Time' in 2012, and the video for the song showed Carly Rae Jepsen driving around in a white Fiat 500C.
- As a car accessory that should be seen much more than it is, the Fiat 500L came with its own coffee maker. The espresso machine would have made those morning commutes far easier.
- film studio all the cars they needed, but the film company went for the Mini instead. However, a Fiat car does show up in the film, driven and owned by mafia boss Altabani.