Used Fiat Timing Cam Belt Kits
All used Fiat Timing Cam Belt Kits listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com list cheap new OES or aftermarket car parts at discounted prices and used OEM car parts up to 80% cheaper than main dealer prices for Fiat from premium breaker yards from across the UK.
About Timing Cam Belt Kits
An integral part of the engine's timing system, the Fiat timing cam belt, also referred to as a drive belt or serpentine belt, is powered by the crankshaft, connecting the crankshaft to the camshaft, and functions to drive various components that all work together to enable the car to move. The Fiat timing cam belt kit provides you with all you'll need to replace the timing cam belt on your vehicle. It is vehicle specific, designed exactly for the make and model of your car, offering perfect compatibility and a product that will perform well and last longer.
Situated in the engine compartment, the timing cam belt is a long piece of rubber which coils through a series of pulleys which contain bearings, usually operating with a spring mechanism. The pulleys function to enable the timing cam belt to smoothly spin around, allowing the belt to propel or drive various components in the engine compartment, such as the alternator, air pump and power steering pump. The pulley mechanism allows the timing cam belt to run along the inside of the tensioner, which enables it to apply tension to the belt as it spins around its path of pulleys and generates the mechanism and power needed to drive the components it serves.
The camshaft receives power from the crankshaft via the timing cam belt. The timing cam belt works in conjunction with the camshaft pulley to make sure the camshaft is rotating in sync with the crankshaft. As the camshaft rotates via the belt and pulley system, it opens and closes the intake and exhaust valves. The timing cam belt controls how fast the camshaft rotates and enables the smooth rotation of the cylindrical camshaft ensuring the right amount of air and fuel is allowed to enter the engine at exactly the right time in order for combustion to occur in the cylinders.
If the timing cam belt comes loose it can deviate from its position. A sure sign of a loose timing cam belt is a nasty screeching noise. A slipped timing cam belt will lead to extremes of temperature as the belt struggles, eventually leading to a damaged belt. A slipped timing cam belt can also affect the proper performance of the components powered by the belt. Often the cause of a slipped fan belt is that the spring inside the tensioner has become worn and is unable to apply the right amount of tension to the timing cam belt. The cam belt can crack and warp and eventually break, due to the high temperatures and friction it has to withstand. When replacing this part, choosing the Fiat timing cam belt kit will give you perfect compatibility with the make and model of your vehicle. It is a good idea to seek advice from your mechanic with regards to fitting this part as a well fitted and properly adjusted timing cam belt makes a big difference to the overall running of the vehicle and experience of the drive.
- Fiat have been leaders in technology innovation. They were the first company to produce a minivan, the Fiat 600 Multipla. They rolled this out in 1956!.
- When it was made, the Fiat 500 was one of the smallest cars in the world! It was only 127 inches long and 50 inches wide! Italians have a nickname for the Fiat 500, calling it the 'Topolino', which translates to the little mouse.
- There was an ongoing joke in the UK that Fiat was an acronym for 'Fix it again, Tony'. Fiat found it hilarious and used the slogan themselves in 2014 in their ads.
- The British School of Motoring uses Fiats as learner vehicles. They moved from the Vauxhall Corsa to Fiats in 2009, and Fiat has now supplied over 14,000 vehicles to the BSM.
- The diesel engines designed and used by Fiat are incredibly popular, and can be seen in other cars from makers such as Saab, Suzuki, Opel, and Chevrolet to name just a few.