Used Ford Fiesta Door Mirror Cable
All used Ford Fiesta Door Mirror Cable listed on Breakeryard.com are tested, original (OEM) manufacturer parts and come with a 14 day money back guarantee. Breakeryard.com listed used car parts for Ford Fiesta are from premium breaker yards from across the UK, saving you up to 80% compared to main dealer prices.
About Door Mirror Cable
The Fiesta Ford door mirror cable is a strong, plastic coated cable which is attached to the wing mirror and is used to adjust the positioning of the mirror to enable the driver to see other objects on the road and assist with moving from one lane to another.
In a manual door mirror operation, this flexible cable is attached to the door interior and is controlled by a lever to adjust the mirror. In an electric door mirror system, this cable consists of a series of wires that are covered with a protective plastic coating and is attached to the vehicles power supply. The Fiesta Ford door mirror cable in this case controls two motors which allow the mirror to move up and down and sideways. As with the manual door mirrors, these are operated by a switch inside the vehicle.
If a manual Fiesta Ford door mirror cable is damaged, the driver will be unable to move the door mirror. The driver may also notice that the lever controlling the mirror moves more easily than usual. In the case of an electric mirror failure, this could be caused by a wiring fault.
Ford Fiesta trivia
- The beautiful Fiesta XR2 was the first model to be able to hit 100mph! Released in 1981, the XR2 also had auxiliary driving lamps, which was as odd then as it is now.
- Since its debut in 1976, there have been an estimated 4,339,148 Ford Fiestas sold in the UK alone. Across Europe, there have been sales of more than 18 million.
- Every engine in a Fiesta is engineered and assembled in Britain.
- 1987 is widely considered to be the best year ever for the Ford Fiesta. It sold just over 153,000 units that year alone, making ‘87 the year that grounded the car as a massive best-seller.
- A Ford Fiesta rolls off the production line every 86 seconds.